Forms & Permits

  • Dog License Application

    A license must be obtain for dogs within a month of moving into the Town or acquiring a new dog; or after a puppy turns five (5) months. This is an annual calendar year license and is to be renewed on or before January 1st each year. 
    NOTICE: Fees double for dog(s) housed in the Town the previous year without obtaining a license.

    Must present written proof that all dogs are currently immunized against rabies and if the dog is neutered/spayed.

  • Bartenders License

    To Qualify:

    • The applicant must include a copy of the Certification of Completion from a WI Dept. of Revenue approved Responsible Server's Training Course or a copy of a current license with another WI municipality within the last 2 years.
    • Submit a copy of their driver's license with application.
    • Subject to Board approval.
    • Grounds for non-approval
      • 2 alcohol or drug related misdemeanor convicitons within 24 months
      • 4 alcohol or drug related misdemeanor convictions
      • Any felony alcohol or drug related convictions
      • Providing false information on an application
    Provisional (temporary) license can be issued if there is more than one week between the receipt of the application and the next Board Meeting.  Issued only after a 3-day waiting period to conduct a background check.  The above qualifications apply.
  • Utilities within Right-of-Way Permit Application

    Municipal Code 4-2.0802. No person may injure of tear up any pavement, sidewalk, crosswalk, ditch, boulevard, drain, or sewer or any part thereof, or dig any hole, ditch or drain in any highway right-of-way, or excavate in or place an obstruction in any such highway right-of-way, or remove any gravel, sod, soil, sand or pavement from any highway right-of-way unless such person has first obtained a permit therefore.

  • Driveway Access Permit

    Municipal Code 4-2.0710 requires anyone installing a driveway to apply for a permit that is approved by the Town Administrator. This permit is $100.00 and needs to include site plan showing parcel size and proposed driveway. Please stop in or call the Administrator.

  • Meeting Room Application

    The Town of Washington allows for our meeting room to be rented Monday-Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. and Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.  Call the Town Office for availability at 715-834-3257 or email 

  • Building Permit

    All building permits are obtained through Eau Claire County Planning & Development office. They are located in the Courthouse, Third Floor. 715-839-4741. All questions should be addressed to their office. All inspection questions would be addressed to the County Building Inspector, Fred Dahlke at 715-839-2944.
    View Planning & Development Documents

  • Temporary Picnic License

    Must be used by qualified clubs, churches, or organizations desiring to sell beer, and/or wine at a particular gathering. A bartender licensed with the Town of Washington must be used for the event.

  • Kennel License Application

    In order to qualify for a kennel license, residents must be zoned properly by the Eau Claire County Planning & Development Department.

    Kennel license fee is $55.00 for anyone with more than five dogs and a maximum of 12 dogs. If properly zoned to have more than 12 dogs a fee of $6.00 is assessed for each dog thereafter.

    Must present written proof that all dogs are currently immunized against rabies