Photo ID Required for ALL Elections
All Town of Washington residents vote at the Town Municipal Building, 5750 Old Town Hall Road. Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. for all Elections throughout Wisconsin.
General Election - November 8, 2022
What is on my ballot? You can view a sample ballot two weeks before an election at the Town Hall or by going to http://MyVote.wi.gov Click on Regular Voter, and enter your name or address.
You must provide proof of residency to register. Call our office to find out what qualifies as proof of residency. Below are your options to register:
- ONLINE - This option is only available to residents using a valid WI Driver's License or DMV issued WI ID as their proof of residency. Go to http://myvote.wi.gov and follow the instructions. You cannot register online within 20 days of an election.
- BY MAIL - Download Voter Registration Application form and mail it to the Town of Washington office. You cannot register by mail within 20 days of an election.
- IN PERSON - Register at the Town of Washington office up until the Friday before the election. You cannot register or vote on the Monday before an election.
- AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY - If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, verify ahead of time what you need to bring and that you are going to the correct polling location.
Requirements to Vote
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be at least 18 years old on or before Election Day
- You must have resided in your election district for at least 28 consecutive days
- You must not have lost your right to vote
- You must sign the poll book unless you are physically unable to do so
- You must show photo ID (some exceptions) go to BringIt.Wisconsin.gov for more information
Absentee Ballot Information
To request an absentee ballot be mailed to you, please print off and mail the Absentee Ballot Application or go to myvote.wi.gov. In most cases, you will need to send a copy of acceptable photo ID with your application. You must be a registered voter in the Town of Washington to request an absentee ballot.
In-Person Absentee Voting
Where: Town of Washington
5750 Old Town Hall Road
When: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (see calendar for dates)
Call: (715) 834-3257
All Town of Washington residents vote at the Town Municipal Building, 5750 Old Town Hall Road. Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. for all elections.
Serving as a Election Inspector (Poll Worker)
If you are interested in becoming an Election Inspector, please complete the Application for Poll worker Appointment and mail it to the Town of Washington.
Voting and Election Information
To check the status of your absentee ballot, check your voter history, or view a sample ballot (within three weeks of an election) go to: https://myvote.wi.gov/
Military & Overseas Voting
To register and/or request a ballot, please go to http://myvote.wi.gov and follow the directions.
Active duty military electors are not required to register to vote. They do need to request in writing an absentee ballot. Military electors do not need to provide proof of residence.
Overseas electors must register to vote. Proof of residence is not required for overseas electors living overseas indefinitely. Registration must be postmarked no later than 20 days before an election. If you are temporary away overseas with the intent to return, you are not considered an overseas elector.