Affordable Internet Connectivity Program
Posted: February 2, 2023
The ACP provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute up to $50 toward the purchase price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Enrollment in the ACP is open for households with at least one member qualifying under any of the following criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the Federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program.
The United Way of the Greater Chippewa Valley can assist in completing the application. Contact Amber Scharenbroch, Community Impact Director – Digital Equity. Phone number (715) 834-5043.